PDA

View Full Version : Cam&1/2 = soft medium or hard cam?

andy
22nd September 2003, 07:36 AM
When looking at the Easton arrow selection chart is the cam & 1/2 soft medium or hard cam?

Also I have a 27.5" draw length, would it be better to look at the 28" section or the 27"?

Ozzy
22nd September 2003, 07:55 AM
The C.5 is classed as Hard.
Always go up to the longest calculation. In your case 28" :o
If in doubt go the stiffer shaft.

andy
22nd September 2003, 07:57 AM
Thanks ozzy

Flame
22nd September 2003, 12:30 PM
Hey Ozzy

We have the same bow and I thought cam 1/2 was a Medium Cam and the spirals were Hard?

Ozzy
22nd September 2003, 06:24 PM
Hey Ozzy

We have the same bow and I thought cam 1/2 was a Medium Cam and the spirals were Hard?

Yes Flame, I have been informed that to treat the C.5 as a hard cam . I questioned it too.
I suspect they are "in between", but play safe.
I must say the draw stroke on the Hoyt C.5 feels more severe than some other cams I have tried. Brilliant though, eh?
Treat some of the softer style round wheels with a cam effect on the cable side as a medium.

Flame
22nd September 2003, 07:49 PM
It is a fantastic Bow

Hope it will do some talking at the Masters else the Queen will crucify me at the AF dinner :D

Ozzy
22nd September 2003, 10:25 PM
Go Flame :P
Although you might want to borrow my bow :fadein: :)
- It is Fade Blue! :wink:
- Shoots better ! :wink: :D :o

andy
22nd September 2003, 11:13 PM
Go Flame :P
Although you might want to borrow my bow :fadein: :)
- It is Fade Blue! :wink:
- Shoots better ! :wink: :D :o

I was going to say fade blue is too popular (you should get something different) but I think too common is a better way of putting it! Why can't Hoyt bring out some more 'normal' colours?

Ozzy
22nd September 2003, 11:17 PM
I was going to say fade blue is too popular (you should get something different) but I think too common is a better way of putting it! Why can't Hoyt bring out some more 'normal' colours?[/quote]

I am inclined to agree Andy :-?
Your Brit Bows - "Merlin" have the best colour range :wink:

Flame
22nd September 2003, 11:25 PM
I Shoot a Flame Bow Ozzy!

andy
23rd September 2003, 12:00 AM
Yeah Merlin have some great colours! Was going to get the Max3000 but tried the UltraTec & it defiantley was better! I keep saying this, but i really don't know why Hoyt got rid of the platinum & copper colours! THEY LOOKED HOT! Now i've just got my UltraTec i bet they reintroduce the colours I like for 2004! :x

Ozzy
23rd September 2003, 08:34 AM
Yeah Merlin have some great colours! Was going to get the Max3000 but tried the UltraTec & it defiantley was better! I keep saying this, but i really don't know why Hoyt got rid of the platinum & copper colours! THEY LOOKED HOT! Now i've just got my UltraTec i bet they reintroduce the colours I like for 2004! :x

Yes Andy, I too love my ProTec, & the UltraTec is superb also. :wink:
I previously had a Merlin Max 2000 & although a good bow to shoot, it pales by comparison :o :wink:
They would look good in Platinum.
Finish of the limbs etc. too is miles in front :D