Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AA50/720 Compound?

Could someone wiser than me help settle a debate in our club about AA 50/720. I thought that Veterans were allowed to shoot Compound in this round on the 122cm face? We have an argument brewing where some say Compound is only allowed to be shot FITA 50/720, which would be on the 80cm face? If I am right and Vets can do this on the 122cm face, is it allowed to run FITA 50/720 alongside AA 50/720 on the same day at the same registered QRE? I ask this because I'm unsure if there's a minimum numbers requirement for each type of round shot. Ta muchly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The AA QRE guidelines can be found here:
    http://assets.imgstg.com/assets/cons...ents/10312.pdf
    with update here:
    http://assets.imgstg.com/assets/cons...date130112.pdf

As far as I know the FITA 50/720 round must be shot using multiple 6 ring 80cm faces only. AA does allow 70/720 round with 122cm single face to be used as well, but this is at 70m not 50m.

I'm not aware of any allowance for Veterans.
    Archery's a lot like Life .... a few see it as an opportunity to score cheap points; while the rest are focused on the ends that count.
    Genesis 21:20 And God was with the boy as he grew up in the wilderness. He became a skillful archer.

Learning the Ropes
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Veterans compounders can shoot a FITA 50/720 (80cm) or a (AA) 50/720 (122cm) at a QRE.
    See the table of acceptable rounds at page 12 od the AA QRE Policy;
    http://assets.imgstg.com/assets/cons...ents/10312.pdf

4. Thanks Bottom Dweller, bodkin thanked for this post
    2014 has started well! Clare Barnes's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://assets.imgstg.com/assets/cons...ents/10312.pdf on page 12 shows Veteran Male and Female Compounders may claim records for the AA 50/720 (72 arrows on a 122cm face at 50m) but they cannot be included on the open ranking list using that round.

For definite answers on the running of QREs you need to ask AA if you feel the information they provide is not clear.
    Ultra Black (tm) High Performance Armguard Elastic Staff Non-Shooter

We are all Atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further. Richard Dawkins

6. Thanks William Robins, Bottom Dweller, bodkin thanked for this post
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steves View Post
    Veterans compounders can shoot a FITA 50/720 (80cm) or a (AA) 50/720 (122cm) at a QRE.
    See the table of acceptable rounds at page 12 od the AA QRE Policy;
    Well there you go. It pays to read the table as well as the words.
    Archery's a lot like Life .... a few see it as an opportunity to score cheap points; while the rest are focused on the ends that count.
    Genesis 21:20 And God was with the boy as he grew up in the wilderness. He became a skillful archer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bodkin View Post
    If I am right and Vets can do this on the 122cm face, is it allowed to run FITA 50/720 alongside AA 50/720 on the same day at the same registered QRE? I ask this because I'm unsure if there's a minimum numbers requirement for each type of round shot. Ta muchly.
    In terms of whether there are sufficient archers to make the event valid, you need to contact AA as it is not clear to me.

1) There must be a minimum of 4 current Archery Australia registered affiliates of the Cadet division or older competing in the QRE and they must all complete the round, i.e. the QRE, scorecards and results will not be accepted as being official if 4 competitors start and less than 4 competitors complete the QRE.
    The above requirement wording specifically says that there must be 4 competitors complete the round. That would indicate you must have 4 competitor shoot the same round; FITA 50/720 (80cm) and AA 50/720 (122cm) are different rounds. But so too are FITA 90, FITA 70, FITA 60, etc. So is AA saying that you must have 4 archers in each of these rounds for the QRE to be valid? I don't think so, but that what the wording says.

Note also that the above requirement would also make a QRE that did not have 4 cadets or older competing invalid even if there were sufficient Intemediates and Cubs shooting and the event was correctly officiated. I have raised this as an issue before when I ran a Youth QRE. Fortunately we had sufficient Cadets/Junior there.

Learning the Ropes
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The extra rounds were added so the Youth, Master & Vet divisions have a 720 round to shoot as well as their FITA (144 arrow) rounds in QREs.
    Not much point when the Youth, Master & Vet ranking lists are not maintained.
    http://archery.org.au/customdata/ind...m&ItemID=42395
    Seriously laid back.

Thread Information