Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Bad Service from Merlin Archery

Almost three months ago I ordered a W& W CXT bow grip from Merlin Archery, a simple item I would have thought to be sent to me but NO, I waited for a few weeks and nothing so I enquired with them and they said it takes time to order it in but it eventfully it turned up but to my disbelief it was the wrong one as I ordered a black grip and the one turned was silver. After emailing them they said sorry they sent the wrong one and if I sent it back they would make it up by crediting me the amount but I said no as I wanted as black grip and they could send me a carbon clicker instead for payment for the return freight to australia.

After waiting a number of weeks AGAIN I emailed them and the next excuse was they had trouble getting the correct one and I forgot to mention they waited for the silver grip to come back to order the black one in but again more time went by and nothing, So again I emailed them and their next excuse was they couldn’t get the black grip and now giving up on ever seeing a black grip I told them to send back the silver one, again, some time went by and still no grip, again I emailed them and again and another excuse was as they had sold out of the silver grip.
    So I said they could send me a number of small items to make up for all my time waited and my cost out-lay, two more weeks have gone by AGAIN and still nothing.

This started in July this year !

I will never order anything from them in my life time and will tell everybody I ever meet to boycott MERLIN ARCHERY unless they want to waste their money.
    Recurve's Rule !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I dare ask if it was price or availability that stopped you shopping "locally"?

I bought 6 of their foam targets about 4 years ago - no concerns - but then I was expecting things like the freight to cost as much as the targets. Even with some unexpected charges at this end, still cheaper than the commercial alternatives in NZ. The club is about to make their own, at a fraction of the cost (but more work).

Chris
    "I used to read, but it's faster to make up stuff" - Wally (Dilbert)

Learning the Ropes
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leftnut, unfortunately you have been unlucky. I have had a lot of contact with Merlin over the last few years and when things have not gone perfectly they have been very quick to get it sorted.
    There are very few archery companies where you can email or even ring the owners when you have a problem. Ben Jones, one of the owners, basically set up a bow for me via email.
    If you try hard enough you can probably find a horror story about any company. In addition, you chose to deal with a shop on the other side of the planet. Even with todays technology it is going to take longer to sort out a problem because you can't drop in for a chat.
    Perhaps, if Merlin have a product some one needs they should give them a try and form their own conclusions.
    I hope you reach a satisfactory solution soon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Post Thanks / Like
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At last I got the parcel from merlin archery in england.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Recurve's Rule !

Thread Information