Thread: Easton FMJ Match

3rd Class
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

Exclamation Easton FMJ Match

This seems like a great arrow on paper. https://eastonarchery.com/target/fmj-match/

Price: A lot lower than the 'ulta-skinny' choices (Lancaster prices used for reference)

FMJ Match

X10 ProTour

Nano-Pro RZ

Points used are Carbon One points, which are good quality and cheap when compared to Tungsten or Tool-Steel points (which are really expensive).

Specs: 4mm diameter (Easton don't list specific O.D's on shaft spines, so not sure on exact spec), 400 and 375 spine with around 10 G.P.I look ideal for 720 rounds. +/- 0.001 straightness is a headline spec, weight tolerance of 2 grains is also good. Comparable to the 'top-line' choices!

Durability: This is the touted advantage of the FMJ. On the old FMJ's I saw arrows which had dented aluminium jackets and some where the front of the aluminum jacket had worn off from the shaft through constant shooting into straw. Aluminium arrows are not fun to pull out from targets in the rain (but then again, neither are carbons)

Hoping to get a set soon to test for 720 rounds!

Last edited by H.H; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:15 AM.

2nd Class
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash
    I loved my Navigator fmj's, and made great use of my Axis fmj's, and more recently the Deep 6 fmj for shoots that still use straw bosses where I'd rather not shoot my X10's. Glad to see that there's now a target version, though at twice the price of the Deep 6 (at 2mm thinner) I may stick with the hunting version.

Beginner
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash

FMJ 510 - new old stock

Quote Originally Posted by H.H View Post
    This seems like a great arrow on paper. https://eastonarchery.com/target/fmj-match/

Price: A lot lower than the 'ulta-skinny' choices (Lancaster prices used for reference)

FMJ Match
    To whom it may interest a possible deal, please check here:
    http://www.archery-forum.com/showthr...10-BNIP-Extras

3rd Class
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash
    Quick update.

They DO NOT come with bushings. Sorry for the misinformation.

I have a set in 400 spine which I will be shooting and reviewing shortly.

The take Beiter In-Out nocks (295 size), which I prefer over a pin option. Will be comparing fit of Carbon One and A/C/G pins to see if there is any discernible difference.

Carbon One points are a good fit for the 400 spine, but could be slightly better. Would have preferred if they made a specific point for the 400/375 sizes to minimise overhang.

Beginner
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash
    At this stage Easton provides these info:

Name:  Easton_FMJ_Match.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  59.7 KB

Beginner
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash
    I wonder if these are just a rehash of the Navigator FMJ?

Beginner
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    vCash
    Nice thread. I shoot Deep 6 FMJs, Pro Fields and now in proud possession of these Match arrows all for target compound. I've done some measurements of OUter Dia with a set of Verniers and the measurements are interesting:

Pro Field 420 spine OD = 5.5mm not sure of GPI, but light
    Match 400 spine OD = 6.0mm 10 GPI
    Deep Six FMJ OD = 6.3mm 9.8 GPI

I find the FMJ and now the Match arrows hold the best in cross winds, with the Match arrows edging it over the FMJs and both best the Pro Fields. Are the Match arrows better than a well-made set of FMJs? Just about. If the Match arrows really were micro diameter ie under 6.0mm then definitely worth the extra cash over the Deep 6 FMJ.

Both the Match and Deep 6 are really robust arrows and easily draw from a target butt, better than most carbon outer arrows I find.

It's annoying that Easton does not print the OD of shafts as this would allow cross-comparison with Carbon Express, Black Eagle etc. Maybe this is deliberate?

I love all of these arrows and are much better value over a set of Pro Tours, hands down.

Cheers

Thread Information